Hi everyone and welcome to my first ever blog about yummy food! I want to thank you in advance for your support and for reading my articles.
With the rise of Americans resorting to eating out on a daily basis due to their busy schedules, I figured I'd dedicate some time to pull out my personal cookbook (recipes my mom taught me to make) to help other eat yummy and healthy foods.
I will consume you with anything and everything food related, so be ready to be amazed and surprised with all the different things you can cook with minimal effort and tons of taste and nutrition. Today you will be learning how to make a delicious lentil soup. It is a great healthy, warm alternative to any fast food and great for the cold season coming up.
I will make you wait no longer; here is the recipe for the lentil soup:
- 1 1/2 cup of dried lentils
- 1 whole medium-sized tomato (raw and cut in 4 pieces )
- 1 clove of garlic (aka 1 slice)
- 1/4 of a white onion (cut portion in half)
- 1 handful of fresh cilantro (cut 1/4 of an inch off the bottom of cilantro to ensure you put the freshest part of the cilantro)
- Salt to taste
- Water (of course)
- Place lentils in a medium pot; add enough water to cover all lentils + 1/4 beyond the point of covering lentils. Place over medium heat.
- While lentils are cooking, add tomato, garlic clove and onion to a blender. Add enough water to cover ingredients half way. Blend; put aside until ready to use.
- When lentils are boiling, add vegetable mixture you just blended to soup. Lower heat if boiling becomes too crazy. Add fresh cilantro on top of soup and season soup with salt to taste.
- Continue to boil for about 15-20 minutes, constantly checking to make sure soup is not spilling. Add more water if soup gets too dry, although this soup does not require to have too much liquid. You should have more lentils than liquid on your spoon when eating.
- You will be able to tell when soup is done by doing the following: Take out one or two lentils from boiling soup, crush lentils with your fingers or with another spoon. If lentils squish easily like boiled potatoes, they are done!
- Once lentils are done, you are ready to enjoy a healthy yet simple dinner/ lunch!
Start your career in Graphic Design with the WonderHowTo's Beginners’s Guide to Photoshop Course